- Full leather binding with blind inset borders with gilt motif to corners on front and back panels.
- Barreled spine with gilt titling and decoration.
- Some rubbing of the leather at the head and tail of the spine and the raised barreling bands.
- Marbled end papers.
- 3cm closed tear at foot of title-page with stamped number 12401 and handwritten notation 920MAC to reverse.
- Paperblock is untrimmed; pagination - xii + 439 + 16.
- All indexed maps and plates are present: Portrait facing the Title-page; Map of part of Diocese of Natal; Mount Zomba; Map of Shire; Magomero; Lake Shirwa; Map of Eastern Coast of Africa at the end of the volume.
- Foxing of the half-title page which has separated from the hinge for the lower 4cm.
- Noted four lines of text lightly underlined, freehand on page 137.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Sold By: Chapter Two
- Contact Person: Su & Ray Smethurst
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0317622462
- Preferred Payment Methods: VISA; Mastercard or eft
- Trade Associations: SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.