While not a hunting book per se, this volume relates Chapman's journeys on the Nile and in the Nubian Desert, and his trip through the Sudan. There are numerous references to other hunting books, and his observations of wild game are astute. The book is splendidly illustrated by W.H. Riddell's coloured plates.
8vo. xxvii +257 pages text. Frontispiece + 24 coloured plates with printed tissue guards + 3 black and white illustrations, and numerous text illustrations. With a memoir by George Bolum. Green cloth with gilt lettering to spine.
Very clean copy.
SOURCE: CZECH. Page 60.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 22.5 x 16 cm
- Sold By: Quathlamba Winds Books
- Contact Person: Ian & Yvonne Halford
- Country: United Kingdom
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01743 361772
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal-Cheques-Direct Transfer to UK Bank.
- Trade Associations: SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.