The first edition of this H.G. Wells novel inscribed by the author to the novelist Dennis Wheatley on the half-title. Recased in 1/4 cloth and marbled boards and as such a fine copy. Laid down on the spine is the title from the original cloth binding. Loosely laid in is Wheatley's ex-libris designed by Frank Pape.
Provenance: This copy came from the library of Dennis Wheatley and was bought from the Blackwell catalogue which featured Wheatley's collection of largely modern literature. When bought it was a fine copy in the original green cloth and dustwrapper. The binding and dustwrapper were subsequently badly chewed by an active puppy (on a low shelf of a bookcase) - hence the rebind. Internally the contents are fine. With an appropriate lowish reserve price.
- Binding Condition: Fine
- Overall Condition: Fine
- Size: 8vo.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.