A beautiful and rare work for the collector of fine botanical art and Africana. This huge elephant folio measures 660 x 490 mm, and besides the 173 pp text by a noted authority in the field of Proteaceae, John Rourke, it is illustrated by Thalia Lincoln with 14 exquisite colour plates, drawings and black & white portraits.
A fine copy in the original 1/4 brown leather, rest green leather binding, with gilt on front cover and spine, in the original linen solander case as issued. First limited edition of 500 copies signed by the author and illustrator at rear. Unfortunately there is a gift inscription on the front endpaper in felt-tip pen, which has bled through the page to the verso. Please inspect the last two images which reflect this.
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good with imperfection
- Size: 660 x 490mm
- Sold By: Africana Books
- Contact Person: Stefan Blank
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 021 4475741
- Preferred Payment Methods: Direct deposit/EFT to our account, or Visa, Master & Amex cards - but an extra 5% will be debited for card chgs.. Paypal also welcome, but 7% charge will be levied, as there are PP &repatriation fees to be paid.
- Trade Associations: Member of SABDA