Introduction by T.V. Bulpin.
311 pages, numerous full page colour and other colour and black & white illustrations, cellotape mark on the half title page, green cloth gilt, dust jacket slightly worn along the edges, overall a good copy.
'There is no part of the world with a richer mythology than Southern Africa. ... Stone-age Bushmen, copper-age Hottentots, iron-age Karanga, Sotho-Tswana, Nguni, Herero and Ovambo; yellow people, brown, chocolate, burnt umber, black, white; people from Africa, Asia and Europe - Melanesia, Indonesia, Arabia, India, Holland, Germany, France and Britain - all have contributed unique fantasies, dream people and monstrous creatures to the strange assembly of African ghosts.' (Introduction, p. 7).
- Jacket Condition: Good
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Good
- Size: Large 4to (320 x 240 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.