All the issues of a short-lived periodical that were printed under this title, covering such diverse topics as field sports, fishing, natural history, music and arts. There are a number of articles dealing with African subjects, such as those by Baines ( on Welwitschia mirabilis, Aloe dichotoma, Honey hunters of South Africa and Scene on the Logier River) accompanied by chromo-lithographic plates of Baines' work, among numerous other fine illustrations; some offsetting on illustrations. 196+252 pp numerous chromo-lithographed plates and tinted lithographs and engravings by well-known artists. In sympathetically restored half-calf with marbled boards gilt decorations to spine, eps replaced, some damp staining on edges of first few pages of both volumes, not extending into picture areas or text, o/w good condition
- Jacket Condition: n/a
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 280x190
- Sold By: Africana Books
- Contact Person: Stefan Blank
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 4475741
- Preferred Payment Methods: Direct deposit/EFT to our account, or Visa, Master & Amex cards - but an extra 5% will be debited for card chgs.. Paypal also welcome, but 7% charge will be levied, as there are PP &repatriation fees to be paid.
- Trade Associations: Member of SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.