Originally published in red limp card cover. The book has been re-bound retaining the original cover.
"It is a narrative of New Zealand's part in the war complied chiefly from press reports and private correspondence, being a record of the ten Contingents that embarked for South Africa between October 1899 and April 1902. Some 6,500 men took part in the campaign. New Zealanders served in the Cape Colony and the Orange Free State, they joined Lord Roberts' army in the northern advance and engaged in wide ranging moves in the Transvaal."
The volume is attributed to Mrs Hawden whose name does not appear on the title page.
"Quote from South African War Books By R G Hackett"
287 pages 2 plates. foxing to title page and index.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Good some foxing
- Sold By: Fortunate Finds Bookshop
- Contact Person: Kathy Sullivan
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021-7617540
- Preferred Payment Methods: Master/Visa cards, and EFT payment for South African Buyers
- Trade Associations: AA Approved