Edited by L. Lloyd in one volume.
First edition: 338 pages, frontispiece portrait of the author, blue cloth with patterned border in black on the upper cover and the same border blind on the back cover, titled gilt on the spine, which is starting to fray at the top and the bottom, all edges gilt, a very good copy.
Mendelssohn (Sidney) South African Bibliography volume 1, pages 42 - 43: This is the last record of the adventures of the author, the narrative being continued up to the time of his death on the banks of the Cunene River. The volume contains a description of a battle between the Namaquas and Damaras, the latter having been led by the author, who was severely wounded in the contest. Other chapters give information about the Ovambo and there are interesting notes about the game birds of the country and the river Cunene.
- Overall Condition: A Very Good Copy
- Size: 8vo (225 x 150 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers, PayPal with a 5% surcharge
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA