Edited by L. Lloyd in one volume.
First edition: 338 pages, frontispiece portrait of the author, brown cloth boards with patterned border in black on the upper cover and the same border on the back cover, titled gilt on the spine, many pages unopened, light foxing on the top edge, a very good copy.
Mendelssohn (Sidney) South African Bibliography volume 1, pages 42 – 43: This is the last record of the adventures of the author, the narrative being continued up to the time of his death on the banks of the Cunene River. The volume contains a description of a battle between the Namaquas and Damaras, the latter having been led by the author, who was severely wounded in the contest. Other chapters give information about the Ovambo and there are interesting notes about the game birds of the country and the river Cunene.
- Overall Condition: A Very Good Copy
- Size: 8vo (225 x 150 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA