First edition, first impression. Published by Jonathan Cape in 1966.
Black cloth binding with gilt lettering. Verso of the title page states "First Published 1966".
This last title in the original series was repriced in order to clear remaining copies. A London bookseller bought the last 32,000 copies directly and gradually sold them for £1.50 each.
Because of the repricing many copies either have price-clipped jackets or price stickers over the original 10s.6d. on the front flap. Copies with the original price intact are preferred.
The 1st print run was 50,000 copies and, unlike all the previous James Bond titles, was not reprinted directly after the first issue.
This copy is clean internally and the jacket is not price clipped.
- Jacket Condition: Very Good
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Sold By: Rare Paper
- Contact Person: Armandt Marais
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 018 294 3438
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal, EFT, Bank Deposit
- Trade Associations: A. A. Approved