Publisher's green cloth, gold titles with gold embossed illustration of a trooper on horse and the crest of the 5th. Imperial Yeomanry on front cover.
xx + 323pp. Fifteen full-page illustrations (all present).
Book is clean and square and in very good condition.
'A record of the marching and fighting of the 14th and 15th Squadrons of Yeomanry in the South African War, the book being "almost an exact copy" of the author's diary. Mr. Spurgin, who enlisted as a trooper and eventually rose to the rank of sergeant, "enjoyed exceptional opportunities of collecting information about the Boer War," and the volume affords an account "of the noble and patriotic exertions and self-sacrifice of the stalwart men of Northumberland and Durham." ' - Mendelssohn Vol.II, page 418.
- Binding Condition: Near Fine
- Overall Condition: Near Fine
- Sold By: Rare Paper
- Contact Person: Armandt Marais
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 018 294 3438
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal, EFT, Bank Deposit
- Trade Associations: A. A. Approved