First edition: Unpaginated (15 pages of text + 56 full-page plates with captions opposite), grey cloth titled gilt on the spine, a good copy in a worn dust jacket now housed in a protector.
Signed by David Goldblatt on the title page
Editor's note: Nadine Gordimer has contributed an introductory essay, 'She describes an extraordinary scene now fast disappearing. She writes at first hand of the mining community, where black men put gold and power into the hands of white men.' 'This book is an essay in the understanding of men and the style, grace and significance which inhabits their most mundane activities.
- Overall Condition: A Good Copy
- Size: 4to (300 x240mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers.
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA