This is a limited run(50 only), same-size, faithful reproduction of the original. Printers master copy (limited to one 'over'. The remainder of the 'overs' were destroyed at the time along with the plates). Printed on a 170gsm matt art.
Creator of the Oom Kaspaas cartoons Thomas Ochse Honiball was born on 7 December 1905 in Cradock. He attended the Paul Roos Gimnasium in Stellenbosch and did drawings for the school magazine. He studied architecture at the University of Cape Town (until 1926). In 1927 he continued to study commercial art in Chicago, where he was introduced to American cartoons. On his return to Cape Town in 1930 he worked in advertising and later as freelance caricaturist and cartoonist. From 1936 he worked for Nasionale Pers newspapers and in 1941 took over from DC Boonzaier as political caricaturist.
PS. THIS IS MY VERY LAST AVAILABLE HONIBALL PRINT.
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 428mm x 580mm
- Sold By: BOOKTOWN AFRICANA
- Contact Person: Chris Shelton
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 27 83 6001962
- Preferred Payment Methods: Internet banking transfer (EFT), PAYPAL. Regret no Credit Card facility.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved