An original cheque of One Pound, made out to R. E. van Deventer and signed by the sixth and last president of the Orange Free State Republic, Marthinus Theunis Steyn (1857-1916). The President corrected the date on the cheque and initialed it as per images. The date is still unclear though but appears to have been signed at some point in February 1910.
Steyn was one of the most prominent leaders during the Second Anglo-Boer War (1899-1902).
It is a cheque of the Nederlandsche Bank voor Zuid-Afrika - now known as Nedbank.
Image of Steyn from the website Boer War Colourised Photographs.
Near Fine condition.
- Overall Condition: Near Fine
- Sold By: Rare Paper
- Contact Person: Armandt Marais
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 074 123 5861
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal, EFT, Bank Deposit
- Trade Associations: A. A. Approved