This is a fascinating study of a multi-facted and gifted man. Born in Germany in 1803, he immigrated with his parents and brothers to South Africa in 1818 and died in the Cape in 1905. In his lifetime of more than than a century he waws simultaneously artist, art teacher, musician and successful snuff merchant.
As late as 1952 an art historian wrote that none of Otto Landsberg's paintings had been traced and, had it not been for the generous bequest by his grandson Auguste d'Arte of more than 70 of his grandfather's paintings to the Potchefstroom Museum in 1956, Otto Landsberg's achievements as artist might well have been forgotten.
Hardback with Dustcover- Frontispiece, 120 pages text with supporting photographs. Near Fine.
- Jacket Condition: Very Good
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 24 X 29
- Sold By: Quathlamba Winds Books
- Contact Person: Ian & Yvonne Halford
- Country: United Kingdom
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01743 361772
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal-Cheques-Direct Transfer to UK Bank.
- Trade Associations: SABDA
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.