First American edition: ix, 389 pages, rust cloth boards with bird on the upper cover – the boards are worn with marks on them and black cloth spine titled gilt is faded, bookplate on front pastedown endpaper, starting to wear at the front hinge, uncut fore-edge and top edge dyed green, a good copy.
Isak Dinesen, pseudonym of Karen Christence Dinesen, Baroness Blixen-Finecke, (born April 17, 1885, Rungsted, Denmark - died September 7, 1962, Rungsted), Danish writer whose finely crafted stories, set in the past and pervaded with an aura of supernaturalism, incorporate the themes of eros and dreams. https://www.britannica.com/biography/Isak-Dinesen
- Overall Condition: A Good Copy
- Size: 8vo (210 x 140 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.