Although not dated, this is the 1912 Rackham edition which is a reprint of the 1906 edition but with the addition of a new colour frontispiece and seven new full page b&w drawings (Richard Riall Rackham bibliography 1994, pp. 114). The book includes fifty full page, tipped in dramatic colour illustrations all with guard sheets printed with descriptive letterpress in the lower left corner, and twelve b&w drawings in the text. 126pp. 4to. Widely considered to be the best and most desirable edition.
In the original green cloth with gilt decoration and lettering. The binding is fairly worn with edge and corner wear and tender joints, the lower 10cms. of the front joint splitting. There is some fraying at the extremes of the spine which is significantly faded/sunned. However, the book remains tight. Internally it is very clean, unmarked (apart from a small neat signature at the top of the title page) and without foxing. All tissue guards are present and in fine condition, as are the plates.
A heavy book so international shipping charges must be considered.
- Binding Condition: Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good Minus
- Size: 4to.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA