31 pages of text, 12 original wood cuts in colour with tissue guards, 5 original wood-engravings by Cecil Skotnes, uncut edges, quarter leather titled gilt on the spine with pictorial cream boards, housed in brown cloth slipcase, a fine copy.
Each copy is signed by the poet and each print is signed and numbered by the artist.
This edition is 20 bound copies numbered 1 -20. This is copy number 3.
All wood cuts and engravings were printed from the original wood blocks on Zerkell Buetten paper by Joseph Richards assisted by the artist on Heidelberg platen at the Citadel Press, Cape Town in June 1987.
The text is printed in 14 on 16 point Baskerville.
The books were quarter-bound in Oasis goatskin by Peter Carstens of Johannesburg.
- Overall Condition: A Fine Copy
- Size: 4to (290 x 220 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.