First edition:3 volumes: xviii, 395  + xxii, 367  + xxi, 354  pages, frontispiece portrait of Kipling signed by Francis Dodd in volume 1, full brick red crushed morocco binding, titled gilt on the spines – which are very slightly faded, top edge gilt, others uncut, marbled end papers, inner gilt dentelles, book plates on front paste down end papers, a very good set.
Limitation page reads: This is no.142 of an edition of five hundred and twenty-five copies, signed by the author, of which five hundred are for sale.
The colophon reads: Three volumes of poems 1886 -1929 by Rudyard Kipling, composed in the Baskerville Fount and printed on handmade paper at the Chiswick Press, London in the year 1929.
For further information on his poetry see: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poets/rudyard-kipling
- Overall Condition: A Very Good Set
- Size: 4to (280 x220mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.