A complete set of the seventeen issues of The Pretoria Friend published between 26th July and 14th July 1900. Each issue comprised four pages, folio (410 x 260 mm), printed on good quality paper.
Hackett (R.G.) South African War Books, An Illustrated Bibliography, page 176: 'Newspaper established by Lord Stanley at Pretoria during the British occupation. Contents include military government notices, proclamations, advertisements and items of news. Publication commenced on Tuesday, 26th June 1900 (the British entered Pretoria on 5th June) and ceased after the issue of Saturday, 14th July 1900.'
This set is in very good plus to fine condition and is scarce thus.
- Overall Condition: Very Good Plus to Fine
- Size: Folio
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA