This is a collection of first editions (UK) in the original cloth bindings with bevelled edges (first eight) in condition ranging from Good to Very Good Plus. They were all published by Longmans apart from the last title published by Cassell. Comprising:
1. NADA THE LILY. 1892. Ex Libris on front pastedown. Spine sunned. Top half of rear external joint cracking. Slightly cocked. Internally clean. Good.
2. ALAN'S WIFE And Other Tales. 1889. Clean copy. Inner endpaper hinges starting but a tight Very Good unmarked copy without any foxing. Very Good.
3. CLEOPATRA. 1889. A clean copy with slight fraying at the extremes of the spine. Unmarked and without foxing. About Very Good.
4. BEATRICE.1890. A tight clean copy with slight fraying and loss at the top of the spine. Unmarked and with occasional very light foxing. About Very Good.
5. THE WORLD'S DESIRE. (With Andrew Lang). 1890. A 10x4mm. patch wear of the cloth at the lower end of the front joint but not extending through to the endpapers which are intact. (Possible fishmoth damage). Signature and date(1890) on the half-title, otherwise a clean copy internally with slight foxing of the prelims. Good.
6. JOAN HASTE. 1895. A very good plus crisp copy with the binding intact and only light foxing on the title page and adjacent tissue leaf. Very Good Plus.
7. HEART OF THE WORLD. 1896. Spine slightly sunned and a slight lean. Signature and date on the blank verso of the frontispiece and bookseller's name blind stamped on the front free endpaper. Very Good.
8. SWALLOW. 1899. "A Tale of The Great Trek".Sight lean otherwise a clean tight copy with an ownership signature on a blank flyleaf. Very Good.
9. THE IVORY CHILD. 1916. Cassell. Original maroon cloth with some wear to the edges and folds. Internally clean and tight. Very Good Minus.
Further information available on request. Please note that this will be a heavy lot and incur extra costs for Internation shipping
- Binding Condition: Good - Very Good Plus
- Overall Condition: As described.
- Size: 8vo.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.