Three volumes, each volume signed and numbered No. 42 of 100 copies. 1919. Hodder & Stoughton. 8vo. Bound in full gilt decorated and titled vellum. Top edges gilt and other edges uncut. 300 plus pages per volume. Each volume is contained in a handsome leather backed and cloth Solander box with gilt tooling and titles and the owner's initials, R.C., on the leather of the front boards and is further protected by an inner cloth lined chemise. The Solander boxes have five raised bands simulating leather bound books on the shelf.
The books are in just about fine condition. One inner hinge is just starting. There is light spotting of the endpapers only, not extending internally where the pages are all fine. There is some slight rubbing to the boxes and the joints of one of the inner chemises are a little tender. Altogether an extremely attractive set.
Please note that this is a heavy and bulky item and courier shipping abroad will be costly.
- Binding Condition: Near Fine
- Overall Condition: Very Good Plus
- Size: Large 8vo.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA