The author, a Wesleyan missionary, gives a lively description of his 1843 travels from Cape Town to the Orange River and from thence onwards to Nisbeth Bath. In the ensuing years he travelled widely among the Nama and gives detailed accounts of their lifestyle and habits, as well as that of the Bushmen he encountered. A valuable early contribution on Namibian people and conditions.
293 pp with frontispiece. In original brown cloth over bevelled boards, titled and decorated in bright gilt and black on front cover and spine, which has a little wear on top and bottom edges. Original endpapers slightly marked and show signs of pastedown having been removed; very slight foxing in prelims, otherwise in very good, tight and clean condition.
- Binding Condition: Good condition
- Overall Condition: Very good copy of scarce title
- Size: 8vo
- Sold By: Africana Books
- Contact Person: Stefan Blank
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 4475741
- Preferred Payment Methods: Direct deposit/EFT to our account, or Visa, Master & Amex cards - but an extra 5% will be debited for card chgs.. Paypal also welcome, but 7% charge will be levied, as there are PP &repatriation fees to be paid.
- Trade Associations: Member of SABDA
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.