One page autograph testimonial signed by Louis Botha as Prime Minister con concerning the sugar baron Marshall Campbell. "To Whom It May Concern - The Bearer of this note, Mr. Marshall Campbell, is well known to me. He is one of the most prominent Sugar Planters and publc men in Natal, and is a Senator of the Union Parliament. Any courtesy and assistance extended to him will be greatly appreciated by me. Signed Louis Botha, PRIME MINISTER. Pretoria, 8th. August, 1913."
On a large page with folds and one small stain and a small mark from a removed staple, but in very good condition.
Sir Marshall Campbell (1848–1917) was a pioneer of the sugar industry in the Colony of Nataland parliamentarian concerned with Bantu affairs. He was the father of Killie Campbell and Uncle of Roy Campbell.
Louis Botha autograph material is uncommon.
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 33x20cms.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.