178pp. Hardcover with DW. Illustrated with maps to EP's and several pertinent line illustrations by R. Townley (Ginger) Johnson adding humorous emphasis to the 'Duffer' (Frank Bradlow's) marvelous piscatorial tales which have been extracted from 'Piscator' (The journal of the Cape Piscatorial Society) and various other magazine articles of piscatorial interest by the author over a period of twenty years. The book was limited to a print run of 375 copies of which 335 were numbered and signed and made available to the public. This personal copy of Frank Bradlow bears his signature and a handwritten note in place of where the number should have been; 'Out of series - No number'
Included with the book is the following;
1) The original publisher's subscription pamphlet.
2) A delightful original typescript of a poem, which in my humble opinion should be framed for posterity sake! 'It's lovely to be out with the Trout Fishing Duffer of Bradlow and his babbling brook...'
3) A 24 page with 4 page softcover booklet 'THE FLYFISHER'S CLUB - LIST OF MEMBERS 1995'. This highly exclusive Flyfisher's Club was established 18th December, 1884 and enjoys the patronage of the likes of Prince Charles. Dr. F.R. Bradlow is listed as a member on page 3.
4) Copy of a letter to one of the Flyfisher's Club members, Mr Dermot Wilson who enabled Frank Bradlow to fish on the Test. The letter is a request for permission to use photographs from a pamphlet titled "Fly fishing tuition from Nether Wallop" in an upcoming article in 'Piscator'. Reference is made to a photo of Jim Haddrell that appears on the pamphlet. Jim Haddrell was Frank Bradlow's tutor on the Test. Frank goes on to conclude the letter with the following word of appreciation; "I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed the day at Nether Wallop and on the Test, and I will be writing to Jim to tell him about it. It was one of the memorable days of my life and I am deeply grateful to you for going to all the trouble to allow me to fish on the Test. With all good wishes, Yours sincerely, Frank R. Bradlow"
5) Copy of a letter by a Mr Loots from Ceres in the Cape to the secretary of the Cape Piscatorial Society, where he mentions his growing interest in the sport and in acquiring all the necessary permits to fish, etc., feelings of inspiration after reading 'The Trout-fishing Duffer'.
6) A rare original signed letter on Frank Bradlow's 'Africana Consultant' letterhead with Thomas Bowler mural at the bottom, dated 18th February 1987, to the Editor of 'Trout and Salmon', requesting information pertaining to studies done on the survival rate of trout that have been caught and released. For some reason or other, this letter was never posted.
7) A newspaper clipping titled 'Maluti Journey' by Frank Bradlow.
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 210mm x 142mm x 20mm
- Sold By: Booktown Africana
- Contact Person: Chris Shelton
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0679155808
- Preferred Payment Methods: Internet banking transfer (EFT), PAYPAL. Regret no Credit Card facility.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved