Buchan's account of and thoughts on the rebuilding of South Africa after the Boer War, based on his time on Lord Milner's staff where he served as his private secretary. There is also a section dealing with his travels within the colony and here his ability to bring to life a scene is used well. 8vo. 404pp. with two large coloured folding maps. All edges uncut. In the original blue stippled cloth with gilt lettering on the spine.
Apart from some light abrasions at the top of the front board (see image), a very clean bright totally unfoxed copy with inner hinges intact. There is an ownership signature on a preliminary blank flyleaf. There is a short external tape repair on the first of the folding maps, both of which are otherwise in fine condition. Overall a very good copy.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 8vo.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA