Limited to 500 copies, this is no. 223, signed by Battiss.
250pp. 100 pages of text with 15 tipped in coloured plates, 3 tipped in black and white photographs, 14 pages of photographs, and 47 plates of illustration. A very good copy of this beautifully made book in the original orange cloth. Dust jacket has a few small tears to head and foot of spine and corners.
Battiss was an amateur enthusiast of Bushman rock art, an interest inspired by his mentor William Fowler of Koffiefontein which sparked a passion for archaeology in the young Battiss leading to expeditions in search of ancient art.
- Jacket Condition: Good
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Good
- Sold By: Ike's Books and Collectables
- Contact Person: Joanne Rushby
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0027 31 3039214
- Preferred Payment Methods: VISA, Mastercard, Diners Club
- Trade Associations: SABDA