The first edition of this surprisingly scarce title comprising articles first published in local newspapers by South Africa's charismatic cardiac surgeon who was the first to perform a successful heart transplantation. The entertaining articles cover a variety of topics, anecdotes and recollections, most with a medical association and most with a strong South African content. 8vo. 145 pages. Signed by Chris Barnard on the front free endpaper and dated 27 Oct. 1979, the year of the book's publication. Particularly uncommon signed.
- Jacket Condition: Near Fine
- Binding Condition: Near Fine
- Overall Condition: Near Fine
- Size: 8vo.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.