The first issue of this book with the two passages on pages 54 and 60 which were subsequently blacked out/deleted, still present. This was due to an incorrectly supposed banning order on the poet Mandlenkosi Langa who had been mistaken for his brother. Few copies of this uncensored version exist. The glossy pictorial wraps are illustrated with a David Goldblatt photograph. 76pp. An about very good copy. Slight staining of the covers and slight spotting of the endpapers. A previous owner's name has been scored out on the title page which also has a second ownership signature.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: About Very Good
- Size: 8vo.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.