10 volumes, maps, many colour and other plates and illustrations, cloth, a few volumes have light foxing on the edges, many have an ownership sticker on the title page, a good set in the dust jackets now preserved in protectors.
1. [M. & J. Editors] THE BRENTHURST BAINES
2. [Le Cordeur (B.) & Saunders (C.) Editors] THE KITCHINGMAN PAPERS
3. [Smith (A.H.) Editor] CAPE VIEWS AND COSTUMES. Water-colours by H.C. de Meillon. With the supplement on De Meillon's People of Colour by Robert Shell
4. [Gunn (M.) & De Plessis (E.) Editors] THE FLORA CAPENSIS OF JAKOB AND JOHANN PHILIPP BREYNE
5. [Clarke (S.) Editor] THE INVASION OF ZULULAND, 1879
6. [Forbes (V.) & Rourke (J.) Editors] PATERSON'S CAPE TRAVELS 1777 TO 1779
7. [Le Cordeur (B.) & Saunders (C.) Editors] THE WAR OF THE AXE, 1847
8. [Tabler (E.C.) Editor] BAINES ON THE ZAMBESI 1858 TO 1859
9. [Davey (A.) Editor] THE DEFENCE OF LADYSMITH AND MAFEKING
10. [Clarke (S.) Editor] ZULULAND AT WAR, 1879
Volume 1 has the book plate of Vernon Forbes on the front paste down end paper.
Volume 7 is signed on the title page by Vernon Forbes and John Rourke
- Overall Condition: A Good Set
- Size: 4to (280 X270mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers.
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA