Scarce 11pp. fragile stapled pamphlet with glossy illustrated wraps. The speech made by General Smuts to both Houses of Parliament in London on May 15, 1917. Inscribed by Isie Smuts "E.P. Frost Esq., With our Compliments. Isie K. Smuts, and additionally signed by General Smuts in his hand. Dated Irene, Feb. 1918 - in Isie's hand". A most uncommon pamphlet and possibly unique inscribed.
The fragile wraps are somewhat frayed with some tears but no loss and are splitting at the spine with a previous reinforcement at the front hinge and a full page reinforcement of the inside of the rear cover and the adjacent blank page. The front wrapper and inner rear wrapper bear the rubber stamped name - J. Bennett.
- Overall Condition: About Good
- Size: Small 8vo.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 011643 8437
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and Internation Bank Tranfer for customers abroad. I am unable to accept payment by credit card.
- Trade Associations: SABDA