356 pages, 9 illustrations, folding map, uncut fore-edge and bottom edge, foxing on several pages and on the page edges, green cloth gilt, watermarks on the spine, back cover scuffed and worn.
Mendelssohn (Sidney) South African Bibliography volume 1, page 719: A perusal of this volume would probably lead the reader to believe that only that part of the South African population suffered during the war who were favourable to the Boer cause, and the author states, " Never before have women and children been so warred against. England, by the hands of Lord Roberts and Lord Kitchener, adopted the policy of Spain, while improving on her methods."
- Overall Condition: A Very Good Copy
- Size: 8vo (200x 140mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.