For the year 1877
First edition: 78 pages – general information, clxxxv – examination papers for 1876, red embossed crest of the university on the title page, bookbinders ticket of Saul Solomon on the front paste down end paper, cream card boards which are worn, with a blue leather spine, a good copy.
The University of the Cape of Good Hope, renamed the University of South Africa in 1916, was created when the Molteno government passed Act 16 of 1873 in the Cape of Good Hope Parliament. Modelled on the University of London, it offered examinations but not tuition, and had the power to confer degrees upon successful examination candidates.
- Overall Condition: A good copy
- Size: 12mo (180 x120mm)