1 volume. First edition 1928.
"One of the African pioneer adventurers who was most admired
by Theodore Roosevelt. (Boyes was also King of the WaKikuyu tribe.)
Boyes had more thrilling adventures in real life than most men have in fiction.
Tremendous accounts of big game hunting, especially elephant hunting by a man
who should know." [ABE on-line].
Half-tan leather over brown woven cloth covers.
Gilt lineal edgings.
Gilt raised bands with gilt title.
xvi, 318 pages.
"Boyes recounts his adventures in East Africa, particularly
hunting elephant in the Lado Enclave, and on safari with
W. N. McMillan and C. W. L. Bulpett near the Donyo Sabuk
for lion and rhinoceros. There are additional excursions to
Kikuyu land and Abyssinia," [Czech, An Annotated Bibliography
of African Big Game Hunting Books, 1785 to 1950, p.21].
Recorded shipping weight 1500g.
Shipped and insured by recorded delivery.
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 21.5 x 15.5 cm
- Sold By: West Clare Rare Books
- Contact Person: Tom Moloney
- Country: Ireland
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0657087803
- Preferred Payment Methods: Credit Cards - PayPal - Cheque.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved