First edition: xiv, 457 pages + 2 pages publishers catalogue, frontispiece, title page vignette, 5 plates, owner's name dated 23 May 1868 on the front paste down end paper, book sellers ticket on the back paste down end, starting to wear at the front hinge, there is a hole at the top of the front free end paper, brown cloth recased preserving the original backstrip, titled gilt with decorative gilt on the spine, corners worn and slightly bumped, a good copy.
From the preface page v: The following narrative of sport and adventure is mainly a compilation of actual occurrences. Many-indeed, most-of the sporting incidents recorded in the body of the work are derived from my own journals and note-books; and, in general, are stated much as they took place under my own observation.
- Overall Condition: A Good Copy
- Size: 8vo (220 x140mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers, PayPal with a 5% surcharge
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA