Card game, 56 cards with a four-page leaflet – Rules for Playing the Game, contained in a yellowcard box with titling on the lid. The 56 cards comprise 4 Sherlock Holmes; 6 Run; 6 Stop; 6 Help; 6 Clue; 7 thief; 7 Burglar; 7 Robber & 7 Police.
The leaflet states the Idea of the Game: ‘The play of the game is simple and very exciting, and is entirely new. Any number from three to eight can take part. The object is to capture as many “Burglars,” “Robbers,” and “Thieves” cards as possible, and to obtain valuable “Sherlock Holmes” cards. ALL PLAYERS PLAY AT ONCE and there is not a dull moment. A large part of the fun of the game consists in making “a sweep” by turning up the card “Sherlock Holmes,” and seizing the playing piles of opponents.’
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: The box: 100 x 140 mm
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.