With illustrations and a map
First edition: 334 pages, 8vo (220 x140mm) ,frontispiece portrait of the author, folding map, 37 illustrations, original blind stamped red cloth front cover with illustration, titled gilt on the spine, light foxing, a good copy.
From the preface: The true spirit of the prospector is that he must love his work or he will never succeed in it. I have had men out there who were good enough theoretically to cope with the misadventures they had to encounter, and soon gave up the life for something easier. I have had others to whom the glamour of a life spent in the wilds with the sands for a couch and the stars for a ceiling outweighed all its little disadvantages.
- Overall Condition: A Good Copy
- Size: 8vo (220 x150mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers, PayPal with a 5% surcharge
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA