26+352 pages, maps as called for, many adverts, small strip cut from one advert in the rear section (W R Brown of Baberton); apart from the above this is a complete but REFERENCE copy of a SCARCE FIRST EDITION of his account of the gold fields of South Africa; the text & maps are clear & clean; the linen binding is frayed & detaching, the backstrip has some loss to the bottom & is frayed to the top; this copy is better than it sounds & is SCARCE.
Mendelssohn I.995 "The author spent a considerable time in the districts surrounding Baberton and gives a lengthy description of the various gold-mining enterprises . . "
- Jacket Condition: Published without a jacket
- Binding Condition: limp linen covers - frayed
- Overall Condition: signs of use, covers detaching, corners bumped, backstrip frayed
- Size: 8vo
- Sold By: YESTERDAY'S BOOKS
- Contact Person: David & Jess Weir
- Country: United Kingdom
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 01202 522442
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal, Debit/Credit Cards, Sterling Cheques, Direct Bank Transfer
- Trade Associations: P.B.F.A.