The first edition of this classic Sherlock Holmes adventure was published by George Newnes on 25 March 1902. A total of 25000 copies were printed in the first print run.
This first colonial edition was published a week later by Longmans, Green & Co. on 2 April 1902. A total of 13000 copies were printed for circulation only in India and the British Colonies.
Illustrated by Sydney Paget. All 16 black & white plates present. Frontispiece tissue guard in fine condition. Binding tight. A few light markings on the front board. Contents clean with only a neat former owner's name on the verso of the frontispiece.
- Binding Condition: Very Good +
- Overall Condition: Very Good +
- Sold By: Rare Paper
- Contact Person: Armandt Marais
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 018 294 3438
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal, EFT, Bank Deposit
- Trade Associations: A. A. Approved