Carefully compiled from reliable sources.
632 pages, lithographic frontispiece - the meeting of Stanley and Livingstone, additional chromolithographic title page, numerous lithographic plates, half red leather titled gilt on the spine, with matching cloth boards, all edges gilt, marbled end papers with bookbinders slip tipped in on the back free end paper - Alexander Blackhall. Light foxing on several pages.
A South African Bibliography, Volume 4, page 53/4, ascribes the authorship to John S. Roberts. This work, compiled from secondary sources, was issued by a number of different publishers and other commercial firms in Britain. An edition was published in Australia and there was a Welsh translation. The binding was offered in a variety of formats.
- Overall Condition: A Good Copy
- Size: thick 4to (310 x 240 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.