ix plus 973 pages. Full leather, elaborately decorated, gilt and blind embossed on both the upper and lower covers, bevelled edges, chromolithographic frontispiece, additional chromolithographic title page and numerous chromolithographic plates. Text-block edges gilt.
A loosely inserted invoice dated 26 April, 1973 is addressed to Frank Bradlow, originator of the 'Bradlow variants', research work that he personally conducted on the many different and confusing early Livingstone publications. It is worth noting that this particular copy with its 973 page count is somewhat larger than many of its counterparts from other publishers, most of which fall in the 700 page count.
Evidence of a detached bookplate to front free EP and previous owner's inscription dated 1889 is penned to this area. Random scattered foxing throughout, a few small nicks and tears to margins of coloured frontispieces. Binding is tight.
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Good
- Size: 310mm x 230mm x 70mm
- Sold By: Booktown Africana
- Contact Person: Chris Shelton
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 27 83 6001962
- Preferred Payment Methods: Internet banking transfer (EFT), PAYPAL. Regret no Credit Card facility.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.