Written and drawn by Antoine de Saint Exupery.
Translated from the French by Katherine Woods.
First English edition: 94 pages, numerous colour and black and white illustrations, original terracotta cloth with illustration of the Little prince on the upper cover, titled in maroon on the upper cover and spine, a very good copy in a worn dust jacket with the price $2 unclipped and the publisher's Fourth Avenue address, now preserved in a Brodart protector.
The Little Prince (French: Le Petit Prince); first published in April 1943, is a novella, the most famous work of French aristocrat, writer, poet, and pioneering aviator Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Katherine Woods (1886-1968) produced the first English translation of 1943 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Prince
- Overall Condition: A Very Good Copy
- Size: 8vo (230 x 190 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA