The first edition of this, the second collection of Sherlock Holmes short stories ending with "The Final Problem". In the original blue cloth bevelled boards with gilt lettering and the Strand logo blind stamped in black on the front cover. Profusely illustrated in text by Sidney Paget and with the "Death of Sherlock Holmes" frontispiece. All edges gilt. Patterned endpapers.
An about very good copy. The binding has light wear and rubbing of the edges. Both inner hinges are starting but holding firm and the book is tight. There is an ex libris on the front pastedown. Both free endpapers are somewhat browned and there is intermittent light foxing. There is a miniscule chip (2x7mm.) at the fore edge of the front free endpaper. Overall a very presentable copy.
- Binding Condition: About Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 8vo.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA