First edition of the first work by this important and prolific English writer, published when he was only 21 years old, after enlisting in the army and being posted to South Africa, where he transferred first to the Medical Corps, and later the Press Corps.
Although Wallace was influenced by Rudyard Kipling, whom he met in 1898, in his later poetry and ballads, the above work predated that and was written in reaction of the disastrous Jameson Raid. Wallace went on to write some 170 books in different genres, of which about 50 million copies were sold. The book he is most famous for, was his last - King Kong.
52 pp with portrait and illustrated title page. Very good condition original illustrated wraps in plastic protector - very rare in this condition
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Sold By: Africana Books
- Contact Person: Stefan Blank
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 021 4475741
- Preferred Payment Methods: Direct deposit/EFT to our account, or Visa, Master & Amex cards - but an extra 5% will be debited for card chgs.. Paypal also welcome, but 7% charge will be levied, as there are PP &repatriation fees to be paid.
- Trade Associations: Member of SABDA