52 pages, original pictorial grey light card wrappers, slightly chipped at bottom of back, front cover frayed at the top right hand corner, back cover is also torn at the top with some loss.
Mendelssohn (Sidney) SOUTH AFRICAN BIBLIOGRAPHY volume 2, page 579, 'A volume of poems, the majority of which are written on subjects connected with the British Army in the South African War. Many of the stanzas appeared from time to time in the daily newspapers, but others are published for the first time.' Edgar Wallace (1875-1932) joined the infantry just prior to the Boer War but soon transferred to the Royal Army Medical Corps and again to the Press Corps becoming a war correspondent for the Daily Mail covering the War in South Africa.
- Overall Condition: A Good Copy
- Size: 8vo (180 x 122 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers.
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA