Excellent copy of this uncommon Boer War title. From Hackett, Page 96 "A narrative of the campaign compiled by American officers serving in the Republican army. The author's draw comparisons between the Anglo-Boer conflict and the American War of Independence, accusing the British of conducting the present war in the same barbarous manner employed in the earlier campaign". 8vo. 277 pages. 42 plates including the frontispiece of President Kruger and coloured folding map at the rear. In the original decorated tan cloth. Inscribed presentation copy "from a brother of the cause" by the author Álan Hiley on a blank flyleaf. SABIB Vol. 2, Page 558.
This copy has new endpapers but is otherwise bright. tight, clean and unfoxed. A very attractive copy of this scarce title, particularly inscribed.
- Binding Condition: Very Good Plus
- Overall Condition: Very Good Plus
- Size: 8vo.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.