An exceptional copy of this high spot of Beat Literature accompanied by a typed signed letter by Burroughs concerning Apomorphine addiction.
In the original green printed wraps with the price of 1,500 Francs on the rear wrapper not overstamped. The front edge of the page block has one tiny spot (see image) but otherwise this is a fine unmarked crisp copy (possibly unread) without any foxing. In a near fine complete dustwrapper which has very slight toning of the spine and a 1cm. transverse tear 1cm. from the top of the spine which has been almost invisibly repaired. Altogether a wonderful copy preserved in a fine custom made 1/4 leather and buckram solander box with the title gilt embossed on the spine.
Accompanying the book and loosely laid into the box is a 1pp. typed letter circa 110 words signed by Burroughs and dated Paris, Feb 21, 1961 in the original typed addressed envelope. In it, Burroughs refers the recipient to his doctor who is the editor of the British Journal of Addiction in connection with his apomorphine addiction and also alludes to a forthcoming article of his on the subject. The letter is folded and in fine condition.
- Jacket Condition: Near Fine
- Binding Condition: Fine
- Overall Condition: About Fine
- Size: 12mo.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.