Five volume set bound in dark green cloth with gilt decoration to front covers and gilt lettering. Slight borer damage to back boards of Volumes 1,2 and 5. Some foxing throughout.
No 1 - Vol 1 - March 1907 through to 1911-13.
'The first-ever issue of No 1 Vol 1 of the Nongqai appeared for the quarter-ending March 1907. Circulation of the Nongqai was originally limited to the colony of Natal but with the amalgamation of the police forces in South Africa on 1 April 1913 the magazine incorporated the following service magazines: - The Bandolier, The Qakamba, The South African Constabulary Journal and The Transvaal Police Magazine. The Nongqai was published over a span of 54 years. Although the oldest magazine in South Africa was the African Journal, published in February 1824, the Nongqai counts among the earliest magazines in South Africa Since its inception the SAP magazine underwent several changes of name, i.e. Nongqai, Justitia, SARP, (SAP), and ultimately Servamus.' (SA Mirror).
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Sold By: Ike's Books and Collectables
- Contact Person: Joanne Rushby
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0027 31 3039214
- Preferred Payment Methods: VISA, Mastercard, Diners Club
- Trade Associations: SABDA