vii. 320 pages, iii pages index to adverts, 99 pages of adverts – several printed on mauve paper, publisher’s advert on the front and back paste down end papers, original orange paper covered boards with green cloth spine, starting to detach at the hinges, the boards are marked and worn, a good copy.
Contains the usual information traced in the almanacs plus other interesting points such as: Bird Island Light – since 1st May 1873 the two white lights hitherto shown from the Bird Island Lighthouse, have been replaced by a red light of the Third Order which is visible all round for 13 or 14 miles in clear weather fro a ship’s deck page 47.
2 copies listed in SABIB volume 3 page 709
- Overall Condition: A Good Copy
- Size: 12mo (180 x110mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers, PayPal with a 5% surcharge
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA