vii (index) + 86pp.
Appears to be an extremely scarce booklet as only a single copy was located in the Witwatersrand University at the time of the nationwide SABIB survey.
R. S. Scott, owner of a grocer's shop in Queenstown, moved to Johannesburg in 1887, bringing a small hand press and some type with him. On Mar 12 1887 he issued the first number of "The Standard & Transvaal Mining Chronicle". He and his partner Emmanuel Mendelssohn, sold the paper to "The Diggers News" of W. Crosby & Co. and it became a morning paper, under the new title "The Standard and Diggers News", which in its turn (in 1902) became the "Rand Daily Mail".
Very good condition. Contents clean with only two small tears of the paper on the spine ends but with no loss.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 13.5 x 10.5 cm